We’re coming to you during the scary month of October with a few tips to prepare your home for trick-or-treaters.
1. Decorate your door so that trick-or-treaters know they are welcome. There is nothing more exciting than coming up to a door that’s been decked out in Halloween decor and hoping to find candy on the other side.
2. Make sure your property is well lit to prevent any kind of injuries. Try to light up your yard so that people can safely walk from the sidewalk to your front door and back.
3. Try to hide valuables from your front porch or yard. We’re not worried about a robbery. This is simply about preventing any accidental damage. Someone might knock into an important valuable on the porch and, suddenly, it’s broken. Remove anything of great value until Halloween is over.
4. Stock up on candy. We also suggest getting candy for kids with allergies, and maybe even some sugar-free candy that’s friendly to everyone, no matter what kind of candy they can have.
5. Don’t forget a costume! Dressing in costume just helps seal the whole experience when you open the door decked out in your own character.
Whether you are preparing for Halloween or going to fall festivals this October, we hope you enjoy the season.
As always, if you have any real estate questions, just give us a call or send us an email. We would be happy to help you!